Art is a product of human imagination that pleases and entertains people. The different artworks created by artists reflect the period when these are created. The artwork reflects the trend or style during that period. Since 1900, artistic styles have changed rapidly. These changes can be seen in the artworks today. You can see the diversity of styles, techniques, and movements. Artists responded to the changing social conditions and values. They reflected this in their artwork by using different media. Their innovation led to the development of other art forms such as conceptual art, performance art, and others.
In this unit, you will learn how the artists employed the different elements of art in their modern artworks. You will learn the different media and processes of art in the 20th and 21st centuries.
- Discuss the different media and processes of art in two-dimensional and three-dimensional art
- Discuss how the different elements of art used in a specific artwork
- Identify in modern artworks the subject, composition, processes and functions, medium, meaning, and symbol used by the artists
- Identify the artist who created some famous modern artworks
- Discuss the importance of art in the general context of socio-cultural development
- Plan and put up an exhibit of modern art creations